In my core class, my professor quizzed us on several questions pertaining to U.S. History. Needless to say most of us looked at him with puzzled expressions while the few of us with laptops scrambled to Google the answer. Thank god for Google. Later on that week, someone suggested that if history was converted to Facebook statuses we would remember them. Great idea since my generation is so technology driven. Below I have posted the materialization of this idea from Emilyd. Thanks Emily.

I can say that I did learn more from random Facebook posts than I ever did in a classroom. Hmm who knows what else Facebook could teach us academically.

I can say that I did learn more from random Facebook posts than I ever did in a classroom. Hmm who knows what else Facebook could teach us academically.
Hilarious! I wonder what kind of memes would spring up if the ancient/medieval world was given social networking? "Verily, t'was I once an adventurer as thou art, until yon wayward arrow smote mine knee." Great background by the way!
ReplyDeleteThis is hilarious. History jokes are my favorite. I always wondered, though: if there were such thing as time travel, would we really want our founding fathers knowing what we do in our spare time?
ReplyDelete"So... what are your hobbies?"- me
"Well... I like to found democracies and fight against human suffering. You?"-them
"Um... I've got a mega following on Tumblr." -me
...
yep.
http://img.memecenter.com/uploaded/IF-History-Written-By-The-Victors_1cbbd1854616dcdfecadd90dc2e12c1c.jpg
That is so funny! Like Weatherly, I love history jokes. I feel like adding stuff like this to the textbook curriculum could make certain aspects of history more accessible to teenagers. Of course, I wouldn't urge removing all of the formality offered with textbooks, but it would still be interesting to see the two combined.
ReplyDelete